A list that's building: 1000 to know
Seth has started a list of the 1000 things a 13-year-old should start learning now so he or she knows them all by high school graduation time.
Here are 20 to get the list going:
1. How to type.
2. How to speak in front of a group.
3. How to write clear prose that other people actually want to read.
4. How to manage a project.
5. The most important lessons from American history.
6. What the world's religions have in common.
8. Formal logic.
9. The 15,000 most common English words.
10. Conversational Spanish.
11. How to handle big changes, with grace.
12. How to run a small business.
13. Basic chemistry.
14. Not arithmetic, but algebra.
15. A little geometry, a little calculus.
16. The most important lessons from ten other world cultures and their history.
17. Speed reading with comprehension.
18. How to sell.
19. Pick one: how to paint, write a poem, compose a song or juggle really well.
20. Understanding the biographies of 500 important historical figures and 200 fictional ones.
Posted by Dan Brooks on December 21, 2004 at 10:00 AM | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference A list that's building: 1000 to know: